Wednesday, October 22, 2008

R2jags updated: a new function to pick up a BUGS model from the previously saved session

Thanks for Will on pushing this further. I learned that in Dr. Plummer does provide the utitly in rjags to pick up a BUGS model from the previously saved session. This is very helpful in that we can always save the model and update it for more iterations to get a more rigid result. So I update R2jags and make this utility availble, too.

In rjags, you do this (suppose your jags model is "jagsfit"):

jagsfit$recompile()
jasgfit$update(niter=1000)


In R2jags (see ?jags in R for more details):

recompile(jagsfit)
jagsfit.upd <- update(jagsfit)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Yu-Sung,

First of all, thank you for all of your blogs. They habe been very helpful in helping me learn to use jags. I have a question regarding running jags from within R using the R2jags package. I am wanting to access the coda using the function jags2 as described in the help for R2jags. However, I cannot figure out how to access the coda from inside R. (I know how to get the coda from jags by just typing coda but I would like to start running everything from within R). Could you help me with this when you have time?

Thank you!

Rebecca